万豪律师事务所位于悉尼CBD马丁广场 (Martin Place), 其核心宗旨是主营以诉讼为主要业务的精品律师事务所。
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Juris Doctor USYD
Xi (Sea) Chen
Xi (Sea) Chen
Sea is a bilingual litigator with experiences litigating complex commercial cases, including contract, fraud, fiduciary duties, corporate governance and securities law. Sea has studied and worked in US, China and Australia, such background allows her to litigate complicated cases internationally. Sea has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, which gives her a unique ability to anticipate strategies and techniques used by opposing counsel.
Representing plaintiffs, she has obtained injunction orders to freeze defendants’ assets and thus prevents defendants’ further misappropriations. She has also coordinated counsel in other jurisdictions such as UK, Hong Kong and Macau to successfully obtain ancillary reliefs based on a main proceeding filed in the US. Representing defendants, she has obtained settlements before the plaintiffs ever filed a lawsuit, dismissals with prejudice at the pleading stage, and summary
judgment disposing of the claims. Sea is currently in charge of Cai Lawyer’s Beijing and New York office.
- Represented a listed Chinese company in a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case, sought over $400 million damages, and obtained injunctive relieves before trial.
- Advised a Chinese businessman in tax fraud litigation against a director of CEO of a Chinese state-owned company in the US Federal Court
- Won a settlement of $12 million fraud case, and successfully defended plaintiffs’ false claim on fraud and misrepresentation.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for internationally-recognized real estate company for forgery accounting reports.
- Advised a listed electronic company on contractual and copyright issues.
- Advised individual clients on immigration hearing matters.